Culver City Presbyterian Church was founded in 1913 when Rev. J.W. English organized it as a mission of the United Presbyterian Church of North America. Two years later ground was broken for the first building on Delmas Terrace in Los Angeles. In 1951 the church moved to its current location at the corner of Washington Boulevard and Globe Avenue. The building has been enlarged twice since then. During the pandemic that began in 2020, the kitchen and social hall were renovated, and an ADA bathroom was added.
The church once had around 500 members, many of whom worked in the movies, television, and the aerospace industry. As Culver City rezoned to include fewer corporate offices, demographics changed and are reflected in current membership, which is around 75. Today’s smaller size emphasizes diversity, fellowship, relationships, intimacy, belonging, and member involvement.